Thursday, April 21, 2011

Beyonce, Beyonce...

My bro @RealTheWriter and I were having a convo about this new single Bey just dropped, "Run The World (Girls)", and we were trying to figure out what we felt about it. I've listened to it a couple more times today with a fresh ear, and here's what I think.

1. Bey is trying to establish a new sound, not just for herself, but to set a whole new trend in the "urban" space.

2. The hook is uber-catchy, if not as well written as some of her other hooks. But judging from the success of Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now", it doesn't have to be.

3. She is either going to win BIG, or flop HARD with this single. I'm going to buy any single she puts out just to support, but I'm curious to see if the general public latches onto it or pans it.

Have you heard it? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment