Monday, January 23, 2017

Night of Worship in Torino, Italy

After the successful first international Your Word Project concert, Signs of Hope, done in Manila, Philippines back in November in partnership with Philippine Bible Society, United Bible Societies, and my own thebridgelife, the next scheduled international date for the world tour is January 28th, in Torino, Italy, and will be a joint Night of Worship featuring my Sister, Italian recording artist and songwriter Lidia Genta, and I. Lidia sang the Italian translation of "Your Word," the song that began this entire endeavor, and during her trip to Houston in the fall of 2015 to record the song, we connected over our mutual love for the Word of God and desire to see the Great Commission fulfilled. Lidia's record label, Revive Records, headed by Antonio Fabrizio Caló, worked alongside Anders of UBS, Lidia, the Società Bibbia in Italia, and myself to pull together an event that would be every bit as impactful as Signs of Hope was in Manila, which drew a crowd of thousands, garnered significant mainstream media awareness (including CNN Philippines), and successfully raised the funds to kickstart the first ever Filipino Sign Language Bible. That event will be held this Saturday evening in Torino, and I can't wait.

One thought: many have heard me talk about this Your Word Project for the last year and a half, and I truly believe that this is my life's purpose...not just the Your Word Project, but using my musical gifts and creative talents to help raise funds for and bring awareness to causes such as Bible illiteracy, homelessness, and mental illness and the stigma associated with it (hence my love for and dedication to NAMI as well). I'm not being paid for these concerts around the world, contrary to popular belief, and I have been purchasing my own flights to get to them all, which is very expensive. I'm not doing this tour to get rich, or to become famous. I do it because I believe that God will provide for me if I provide for His people, and because when I die, whenever that may be, I want it to be said by God and man that I lived a life of service to others. I want God to be glorified, and I want the life and influence He has given me to mean something bigger than me. Please keep me lifted up in your prayers as I continue this journey to bring God's Word to every language and people in the world, and if you'd like to help us fulfill the Great Commission thru our efforts, please consider making a donation at PayPal.me/thebridgelife. Every dollar counts.

I'll update this blog throughout the week with pictures and thoughts from my Italian journey, which will go from Rome to Milan (tomorrow) to Torino (Thursday) and back to Rome over the course of the next 9 days. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment