Monday, April 16, 2012

Dove Awards, at last

After a wonderful past 2 months since we learned of the Lecrae album Rehab: The Overdose being nominated for a Dove Award, I've been looking forward to this week with baited breath. Trying to finish every project I've had my hands in to give me the freedom to take this week off and get to ATL, I've been up late nights and early mornings in studio sessions and writing sessions, etc. Finally, the calendar has rolled around to the week of the awards.

My writing partner JayTel Vocals was not able to make it to ATL due to other obligations, so although I am ecstatic about the opportunity to be here, it feels a little strange to not have him here with me. We went thru the past decade struggling together to build a name in the music industry, finally being blessed with an opportunity via Nick Velo, Zach Katz, J.R. Rotem, and Beluga Heights, and working our butts off to build the respect and success we now enjoy, so I always envisioned that when we got to our first major awards show, he'd be right there by my side just as he was in the tough times. So as I blog this week, it will be for my brother as much as for anyone else who may read it. JayTel, I wouldn't be here without you bro.

I drove to ATL rather than flying, because I wanted to take in the moment...you work so hard for something, and when it finally happens, if you're not careful, it's goneinaflash, just like that. I didn't want that to be the case with this. I have no doubt that we will have other nominations, and as with the Stellar Award we won back in January, more victories (Lord willing), but this is the first awards show that I've been able to attend where I was actually a part of a nominated album and I want to cherish every moment.

It's Monday, April 16, 2012 as I type this. The Dove Awards are this Thursday, April 19, at 7:30 PM at the Fox Theater. I will try to blog daily about the events of the week, including the studio sessions to work on Lecrae's next album coming soon, and every other artist I plan to get work in with while in ATL. Keep me lifted up in prayer! #IMPECCABLEGRINDUNSTOPPABLEDREAMS

1 comment:

  1. Man be careful on that drive out to ATL B. Keep me posted with everything that's going on. Wish I could be there. Tell everybody I said Wats Haddenin!!

    ReplyDelete